The Call Center Agents are responsible for the incoming and outgoing customer/patient calls. Make use of company policies to solve customer and patient issues and direct calls to the managerial team when necessary. The Call Center Agent is often the first point of contact for customers and patient issues. Call Center Agents are required to have a commitment to the customer/patient satisfaction and an ability to make quick and accurate decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to AVG goals and policies on professionalism, wait times, scheduling accuracy, phone etiquette, and represent AVG
- Schedule, confirm and reschedule patient appointments- review appointment date, time, location and provider with the caller.
- Answer the telephone promptly and in a polite and professional manner.
- Direct calls to other departments as needed, to effectively triage patient’s needs and concerns
- General knowledge of the referrals, medical records, and insurance verification process.
- Complete follow-up or reminder communication.
- Screen patients’ financial status and determine fee information.
- Verify insurance benefits and determine patient financial responsibility.
- Informs callers of current events and/or new services provided.
- Offer ancillary services from across the AVG platform
- Maintain customer- patient satisfaction ratings based on explicit criteria set forth by AVG
- Make a minimum of 80 calls or more between incoming and outgoing calls
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
- Skilled in operating phones, personal computers, software such as (Crexendo, CareCloud, EMI,
MDI, Salesforce) and other IT systems.
- Ability to communicate with associates, patients and other individuals in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to ensure accuracy of reports and data.
- Strong phone and verbal communication skills along with active listening.
- Must be available to work some holidays and weekends.
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- High level of professionalism
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is required, Creole is a plus.
- 3 years customer service experience, preferably in the health care, or social services setting.
- Insurance verification and charge entry experience highly preferred.
- Experience working with electronic medical records and practice management systems and entering data quickly and accurately.
- Electronic scheduling experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
- Electronic Medical Records Systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 3 years (Preferred)
- healthcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- Insurance Verification: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Terminology: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Please mention that you come from SellForThem
when applying for this job.